Monday, June 2, 2008

1st Steps!

Bear took his first steps June 2nd! Two of them to be exact! He was in the bathtub (naturally, because that is dangerous) and he reached up to the built in shelf to grab his boat. Then he stood there on his own for a minute without hanging on. My hands were out mainly because I expected him to fall pretty quickly like he always does, but instead he took 2 tiny little baby steps into my arms. Sister and I cheered and clapped, so he did the whole scene over again! It was so precious. He hammed it up for a while. I am writing this blog late though, naturally. A week has gone by and he hasn't done it again yet. I feel/fear that walking is upon us though!

Also, he started sucking through a straw about a week ago. I got Kat an orange julius at the mall and he was whining and pointing to it. So I figured, eh, let's try it. I put the straw near him and he grabbed the cup and the straw and sucked away. Good to know. Don't humor the baby unless you really mean it!

No comments: