Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Grumpy Boy

So Bear has been extra whiny and grumpy for the past day or so. He had been waking only once in the night for a few days but last night he must have woken at least 5 times. Mom is tired today! Normally I would assume he was teething, or 'horning' as I call it. (I imagine that he's growing his demon horns instead of teeth) But right now I suspect that maybe he's not feeling well? Poor little man. I hate it when my babies aren't 100%.

He rode with us to drop Sister off at school today and he cries when she leaves the van. He was reaching for her empty seat and babbling. He misses her, poor thing. We are having a good time with him while she's at school though. I miss her a lot, but it is nice to spend some time with Bear. We're teaching him shapes and colors and he seems to be understanding to a point. We got him one of those shape sorter buckets and he consistently gets the circle and square in the right place! He has some trouble with the star and the cross and the triangle, but at least he has 2 shapes down. And he got them pretty much as soon as we took the toy out of the box.

Bear is also walking a lot better. He still gives up and crawls after several steps, but he is taking several steps. He can fully walk but for some reason is choosing not to. He walks really well if he's having a tantrum or if someone is holding a toy that he wants. He'll just take off and get what it is that he needs. However, if you stand in front of him with your hands out and call him... he smiles and drops to his knees and crawls to you. Little stinker.

Bear is saying mama, dada, more, down, Sister, Kat, all done, that...all in baby talk of course. It sounds more like "mamamamam, dadadada, moe, dun dun (while pointing to the ground, which is how I know it's down), sis, kat, owe dun, dat. Still mixed with pointing and context I can tell what he's saying. Maybe soon the rest of the world will hear what he has to say!

No comments: