Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chatter Box

So Bear is becoming so much more of a personality these days. When he's in trouble, he looks at you with his 'cute' face and tilts his head to the side. It's like, "go ahead... I DARE you to actually be mad at me".

The other day when Hubby and the kids came to meet me for lunch while I worked the weekend, I went to kiss him good bye. I told him bye bye and kissed him and he looked down and said, "goo bye!"

Bug probably the BEST accomplishment of recent: We're SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! That's right, I said it! I slept for more than 3 1/2 hours straight. It all started last week when we did this huge makeover on the bedroom situation. Bear had been sleeping in his crib but in our room since he was born. We knew we needed to get him out of our room to keep him from wanting to nurse all night long but we didn't have an extra room to put him in, unfortunately. So I stressed about it for a while and finally decided that we would put the two kids and all their toys that have taken over the house into the master bedroom and Hubby and I moved into a much smaller Kat's room. The first couple of nights he did wake up and I think we made the mistake of grabbing him too quickly, for fear of him waking up Kat. Thursday night was the first night EVER that he slept from 7:30 PM to apx 5:30 AM. This is SO HUGE for me. The next day he slept from 7:30PM to 6:45AM... and so on. Knock on wood, because I SO do not need to jinx this... but we're thrilled! I feel like little man has turned a corner. And Kat is sleeping just fine with him. She doesn't seem to wake up when we stirs. (She DOES however wake him up when she screams for me that she had a nightmare, but that's a different story)

So basically so far, so good. I'm starting to feel human in the mornings instead of straight up zombie. I honestly didn't even realize how much I was needing this. I've been sleep deprived for a long time, and I'm so ready to move on to the next phase!

No comments: