Sunday, September 7, 2008

Growing Up

Oh my little bear is growing up so dang fast! Today I went to the Little Gym with him for the 1st time. (He started last week but I was working) During the hello song you have to clap and sing. I looked over at him and he was clapping! I guess it's normal to clap at this age but I've just never seen him do it! It was so cute. So every time I got excited about him clapping today, he would even more. He loves to make people happy.

For some reason today it was cracking him up when I would smile with all my teeth. He'd look and think about it, then start giggling. I love it when simple things like this can make baby laugh.

Bear is also getting more verbal! He is still saying "this" and "that" a lot but yesterday I put him on Kat's bed and he said "bed". Today while playing ball he said "bah". When he wants to nurse (ah hem, "The Process of Weaning" blog soon to come). Anyhow, when he wants to nurse he says "meh meh" for milk. He's getting better about asking to be put "down" also instead of just throwing himself backwards. (my least favorite move)

Bear is giving just the best hugs ever lately and today he reached for one of the teachers at the Little Gym. The teacher readily took him and gave him a high five, and Bear just lay down on his shoulder and started to go to sleep! Had the teacher been able to stand and rock him more, he would have! We have never seen this from Bear. I've tried rocking him to sleep and he won't do it, he's so used to the crib. It was really cute. He's getting more social. If he wants to see you, he points and stares until you come over and address him.

It's so late, that's all I can remember now. I had so many things in my head earlier that I didn't want to forget. Hopefully I'll remember tomorrow when I've had more rest. :-)

No comments: